Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lipat-Bahay, An Adsense Story

I have been blogging at bloggerparty.com using the same blog title, The Legally-Recycled Bachelor.

I was told by PinoyRN and Romskee that I have been generating "reads".

The "reads" were indicated at the bottom of each post and the most "reads" I have at this point is 45. The article's title is "Sex in the Philippines and Google Trends".

It is not really surprising because the word sex is competitive.

Two things triggered the transfer to this site.

First, a suggestion by Romzkee when she visited my bloggerparty blog. I don't know how to thank you Romzkee. You really are heaven sent.

Second, I made a mistake in the URL I sent to Adsense, so my application was denied.

I am new to blogging you see, and URLs weren't discussed in class when I was in college. During this time, the Internet was still called Arpanet.

[I was enrolled in the BS in Computer Science program, by the way.]

Unfortunately, there is no appeal process indicated. Thus, sealing my fate. I wouldn't be able to participate in the revenue-sharing scheme of the site.

The skin I have chosen has a very homey feel. You will notice that all the useless parts are on the right side of the page. The most useful features are at the bottom, written in fine print.

Hmmmm....it feels very much like Yahoo!.

In case you are afflicted with the Pay Per Click Syndrome, just go back to your blog and start clicking the ads.

I don't have Adsense, so, just use yours in the meantime, ok?

Please tag me if you were positively or negatively affected while reading this post. . Thanks!

I am a management consultant for technical, vocational education and training (TVET). I started The Legally-Recycled Bachelor blog as part of product research on search engine optimization and search engine marketing. I am a Filipino bachelor with two children. My wonderful children reside in the USA with their mother.