Monday, January 19, 2009

A Filipino bachelor's blast from the past #I

This happened about a decade ago when I wasn't yet a legally-recycled bachelor.

It was the 90th birthday of my paternal grandmother [My grandmother lived until she was 98. She died last December]. My three year old son wanted to try Coke.

Not wanting him to start craving for soft drinks, I went to the kitchen, got a warm bottle of Coke, opened it, inserted a straw and let my son take a sip.

Wonder of wonders! He didn't like the taste.

So, I was quite happy with my quick-thinking self when turned to return the bottle of Coke in the kitchen.

After a step, I heard my father tell my son, "Here, try a cold one."

2 comments:

freelancers.manila@gmail.com said...

Papa told me that Lola was 96. Alin ba talaga? :P

Thank God Tala abhors the taste of soda and loves ice cold water. She says Coke burns her throat.

LRBachelor said...

Papa told me that Lola was 96. Alin ba talaga? :P

Will check.